Scalp Micropigmentation Pre Care
- Wash your scalp with a non-abrasive, gentle shampoo the week prior to your
- procedure. If experiencing breakouts on your scalp we are not a medical establishment so we are not allowed to suggest what to use for any problems or disorders. Instead consult with a dermatologist or appropriate medical doctor to resolve this issue prior to your procedure
- After washing the scalp, moisturize the skin with some form of skin moisturizer to keep the skin hydrated. Doing so will allow the ink to be properly absorbed.
- Refrain from sun tanning to avoid burning and peeling of the skin.
- Focus on relaxing and get a good nights rest before your procedure.
- Eat a hearty meal before your procedure.
- If you are extremely sensitive to pain, seek medical advise prior to procedure.
- You may bring a clean hat or scarf to loosely cover your head after the treatment, if so desired, but not recommended.
- Hair Piece – Please do not wear a hair piece at least 5-7 days prior to your
- scheduled procedure. As wearing a hair piece may limit oxygen flow to the scalp and the ink may not be fully absorbed into the follicle.
- Hair Length – Please contact your artist prior to the procedure to discuss proper hair length the day of the scheduled procedure.
- Hair Preparation – Please do not use a razor on your scalp within 24 hours of the scheduled procedure. It is critical that we see all native hair in order to properly blend the hair follicles.
- A healthy scalp will be helpful in achieving the best results.
Scalp Micropigmentation Post Care
For 3 days following application of Scalp Micropigmentation:
- Do not touch the healing pigmented area with your fingers, they may have bacteria on them and create an infection.
- Apply after care ointment or cream (such as After Inked, H2Ocean or Ink Fixx) daily. Always use a clean cotton swab and not your fingertips.
- No make-up, sun, soap, sauna, Jacuzzi, swimming in chlorine pools or in the recreational bodies of water, contact with animals, gardening for 7-10 days, (until area is completely healed) post procedure and after all touch-ups.
- Before bathing, gently apply a light coating of Vaseline on the procedure area using a clean cotton swab. Continue this regime until the procedure area has completely healed.
- Do not rub or traumatize the procedure area while it is healing (pigment may be removed along with crusting tissue).
- Use a “total sun block” after the procedure area has healed to prevent future fading of pigment color.
- Do not use products that contain AHA’s on the procedure area. (Example: Glycolic, Lactic Acids. Always check your product labeling) it will fade your pigment color.
- If you are a blood donor, you may not give blood for 1 year following your Permanent Make-up application (per Red Cross)
- Touch-up visits should be scheduled between 30-45 days post procedure. All procedures are a multiple step process. Results are not determined until touch- up applications are completed.
- If you have any questions or concerns please notify your technician immediately.
- If you experience any itching, swelling, blistering or any other complications post-procedure, stop using product and call your technician immediately. You may be allergic to the after care product you are using!
- If you have excessive redness, swelling or tenderness or any red streaks going from the procedure site toward the heart, elevated temperature, or purulent drainage from the procedure site, contact your physician as the area may be infected and you may need to seek medical care.
- No sweating for 48 hours.
Failure to follow these instructions may result in pigment color loss!