LIP PRE CARE
- Do not workout 24 hours before procedure
- No alcohol, caffeine or stimulants 48 hours before procedure
- Avoid sun and tanning one week prior to procedure
- No Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E or Advil/Ibuprofen 48 hours before procedure
- Avoid Fish Oil, Primrose Oil, Prenatal Vitamins, Nutritional Shakes (Shakeology, etc.), “Hair, Skin and Nail” Supplements for a minimum of 48 hours prior to procedure.
- Discontinue Retin-A and Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) at least 6 weeks prior to appointment
- Must wait 4 months after lip fillers and 6 weeks after touch up. It is possible to have poor color retention in lips that have had collagen injections within 4 months and within a year of Restylane. *There is the risk of pigment migration along the lip line if you have had Restylane. Eyeliner
- Wait 6 months after a lip implant
- Avoid the following herbs and spices 48 hours before procedure:
- Black and Cayenne Pepper
LIP POST CARE
Lipstick is worn topically on the skin. Lip permanent makeup is implanted/viewed under the skin. During the healing process the lip pigments used will revert back to their original state, which is a powder Lip tattooing does not replace makeup! In fact, it is advised to wear some type of lip gloss to enrich the color tattooed. Lips will vary in color on a daily basis and change color during the day, even if we are well hydrated or not.
Right after the procedure lips normally feel dry, chapped, tight and tender to the touch. Lips will feel better each day. Should anything occur that has not been addressed, please call us immediately.
- Swelling: Moderate. An ice bag can be applied for the first few hours and next morning. Apply Vaseline and then a tissue to prevent condensation from the bag of ice touching lips.
- Day After Procedure: Keep them moist using Q-tip and Vaseline for 14 days. Peeling will
occur – Do not peel off!
- Lips tend to fade 60% and color can hide for a 4-week period before resurfacing.
- Moisture: Very moist lipstick/lip gloss may be worn over a coat of Vaseline.
- Avoid until healed: Avoid soaps, facial cleansers, and water on pigmented area. Wash around the lips only.
- Extended wear lipsticks or plumping gloss
- Teeth bleaching for a minimum of 3 weeks
- For 2 weeks just pat your lips lightly with a napkin while eating
- Drink through a straw – even hot coffee or tea
- Symptoms or signs of infection: If you have a history of sores or fever blisters on the lips, chin or nose, you will require a prescription of 500 mg Valtrex. Take 2x a day, 2 days before tattoo and 4 days after or as otherwise prescribed.